Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Perfect pairings

Hello dear readers,

Recently I got my hands on a recent Benjamin Moore's fan deck called "Perfect Pairings".


It basically groups 3 hues together, in a harmonious and cohesive way. The match can be used indoors or outdoors.

The chips are divided into a larger hue, for the main/wall colour, and 2 smaller ones, for trims and accents.

However, the colours in each grouping are interchangeable, so you can use the trim colour as the main one and so forth. Awesome!

As you know, I love picking my favourite things and listing them. So if course I had to do that with this fan deck. and after much deliberation, here are the 3 best "pairings":

  • Handsome and crisp: Hale Nave HC-154/Icicle 2142-70/Stone Castle CC-396
Perfect for the gentlemen or a room that conveys sophistication and neatness. The great thing about this dark blue and soft taupe against the crisp icicle is that it works well in a traditional as well as in a contemporary space. 



  • Eclectic and fresh: Greenmount silk HC-1/Blue Spa 2052-40/Mountain Peak White OC-121
Perfect combo to lighten up a room or space. These colours together make up a great background for a Spring fresh bedroom or den. The contrast of the blue and the soft yellow is joyful and uplifting. 



  • Trendy and cool: Exhale AF-515/Plum Royale 2070-20/Beacon Grey 2128-60
This deep rich plum is a hot colour right now. Elegant and moody, this family is sure to add personality and character to a space.



Needless to say, this little fan deck is the perfect tool to find the ideal colour theme you have been dying to get right. However, sky is the limit when finding the best colour scheme. There is a lot out there, and the only rule is that it has to be right for you!

Theo Flamenbaum
- Style + Function + Love + You -


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Theo. I hope BM will send me my fan deck soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hooked! You had me at "Perfect Pairings" of course I was thinking wine and chocolate, but this was a great second!

    ReplyDelete